Event: Thursday 24 February 2022, 16:00 – 17:30 CET
Come celebrate 30 years of the EU Habitats Directive! The European Parliament Intergroup on Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development, and the IUCN European Regional Office are organizing a science-policy event hosted by MEP Anna Deparnay-Grunenberg (Greens/EFA). On 24 February 2024, we’ll discuss how recent findings from the international ENVISON research project on inclusive conservation can shed light on achieving stakeholder ownership of the EU Biodiversity Strategy and its targets.
- MEP Anna Deparnay-Grunenberg (Greens/EFA)
- Prof. Christopher Raymond, ENVISION Project Coordinator and Guest Professor, Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Joseph van der Stegen, Policy Officer, European Commission, DG Environment, Nature Protection Unit
- David Reynolds, President of the George Wright Society and WCPA Regional Focal Point for North America
- Erika Stanciu, WCPA European Regional Vice Chair (tbc)
- Moderator: Alberto Arroyo Schnell, Head of Policy and Programme, IUCN European Regional Office
See the event page for more details and to register for the event!