Learn about inclusive conservation tools in the Sierra de Guadarrama National Park (SGNP), Spain, in this webinar on 22 June 2021, 16h00-17h30 (register here) This webinar is part of the ‘Vital Sites: Journey to Marseille’ series osted by IUCN and the World Commission on Protected Areas in the lead-up to the IUCN World Conservation Congress 2021 in Marseille, France. Vital Sites offers our community the chance to highlight stories, expert opinions, and case studies on the importance of protected and conserved areas, from around the world.
This webinar will introduce to the participants the SGNP PANORAMA Solution and will present a set of tools to identify, compare and balance different visions, preferences, and tensions for protected areas management and power relations between stakeholders in order to move towards better social engagement in conservation governance. The Solution complements the SGNP Fact Sheet.
- Christopher M Raymond – Coordinator of the ENVISION project, Professor of Sustainability Science at the University of Helsinki and Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- María Dolores López Rodríguez – Postdoctoral researcher – ENVISION, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- Miguel Ángel Cebrián-Piqueras – Postdoctoral Researcher at ENVISION and Chair of Social-Ecological Interactions in Agricultural Systems, Gottingen University, Germany
- Veronica Lo – ENVISION Project Manager and Researcher, Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Alberto Arroyo Schnell (moderator) – Senior Policy Manager, IUCN Brussels